1. Every year, the global leather industry slaughters more than a billion animals.
2. If you’re wearing leather, it probably came from China or India.
In China, there are no penalties for abusing animals on farms.
3. Along with cattle, other animals—including sheep, dogs, and cats—are killed for their skin in China.
Dog and cat leather is often intentionally mislabeled, so you could be wearing dog leather and not even know it.
4. In India animals fare no better.
India’s animal-protection laws are also rarely enforced.
5. In India, cows are forced to march for days—without food or water—to their own deaths.
6. Cattle who collapse from exhaustion have their tails broken or chili peppers rubbed into their eyes in order to force them to keep moving.
7. There’s virtually no way to tell where leather comes from.
Even if a…
View original post 222 more words